The Ventra mobile ticketing app introduced by Chicago’s Metra commuter rail service in November 2015 has been downloaded more than one million times and used by passengers to pay for more than US$110m in fares. “The Ventra app truly transformed the way people across Chicago engage with transit each day,” says Matt Cole, president of Ventra app developer Cubic Transportation Systems.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement