The Ventra mobile ticketing app introduced by Chicago’s Metra commuter rail service in November 2015 has been downloaded more than one million times and used by passengers to pay for more than US$110m in fares. “The Ventra app truly transformed the way people across Chicago engage with transit each day,” says Matt Cole, president of Ventra app developer Cubic Transportation Systems.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa