The Ventra mobile ticketing app introduced by Chicago’s Metra commuter rail service in November 2015 has been downloaded more than one million times and used by passengers to pay for more than US$110m in fares. “The Ventra app truly transformed the way people across Chicago engage with transit each day,” says Matt Cole, president of Ventra app developer Cubic Transportation Systems.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service