Apple Pay is about to launch in Germany, if a series of hints on the Apple website is confirmed. A recently edited article, spotted by a Reddit user, contained an image of Germany in a global coverage map dated October 10, which was updated with the country removed a week later. An apple.com/de/apple-pay URL, which is currently inactive, has also been spotted in search results.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID