Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is to release wearable travel smart cards from next month, The Hindu reports. “Affordable” wrist watches, wristbands and mobile covers will be available, with the corporation hoping to sell about 6,000 items each month initially. “We have already finalised a vendor who will install these chips inside the merchandise,” a DMRC spokesperson says.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones