Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is to release wearable travel smart cards from next month, The Hindu reports. “Affordable” wrist watches, wristbands and mobile covers will be available, with the corporation hoping to sell about 6,000 items each month initially. “We have already finalised a vendor who will install these chips inside the merchandise,” a DMRC spokesperson says.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities