Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is to release wearable travel smart cards from next month, The Hindu reports. “Affordable” wrist watches, wristbands and mobile covers will be available, with the corporation hoping to sell about 6,000 items each month initially. “We have already finalised a vendor who will install these chips inside the merchandise,” a DMRC spokesperson says.
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology