Chinese mobile payments giant Alipay is expanding its presence in US and European retail stores via a deal with POS maker Verifone. The move will see the Alipay App available on Verifone e355 mobile point-of-sale terminals so that retailers equipped with the mPOS device can accept mobile payments from Chinese Alipay users. “The goal is to enable our customers to walk into a store while traveling abroad and pay for purchases with the Alipay App — just like they do here in China,” says Douglas Feagin, SVP of Ant Financial Services Group and Head of Alipay International.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK