Chinese mobile payments giant Alipay is expanding its presence in US and European retail stores via a deal with POS maker Verifone. The move will see the Alipay App available on Verifone e355 mobile point-of-sale terminals so that retailers equipped with the mPOS device can accept mobile payments from Chinese Alipay users. “The goal is to enable our customers to walk into a store while traveling abroad and pay for purchases with the Alipay App — just like they do here in China,” says Douglas Feagin, SVP of Ant Financial Services Group and Head of Alipay International.
- Dutch rail operator pilots open loop ticketing service
- Rohm to use ST NFC chips for wireless charging in cars
- Juniper forecasts a billion mobile ticketing users in 2019
- Microsoft to shut down its Microsoft Wallet service
- MTS to roll out open loop ticketing on buses and trains in San Diego