Chinese mobile payments giant Alipay is expanding its presence in US and European retail stores via a deal with POS maker Verifone. The move will see the Alipay App available on Verifone e355 mobile point-of-sale terminals so that retailers equipped with the mPOS device can accept mobile payments from Chinese Alipay users. “The goal is to enable our customers to walk into a store while traveling abroad and pay for purchases with the Alipay App — just like they do here in China,” says Douglas Feagin, SVP of Ant Financial Services Group and Head of Alipay International.
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology