Chinese mobile payments giant Alipay is expanding its presence in US and European retail stores via a deal with POS maker Verifone. The move will see the Alipay App available on Verifone e355 mobile point-of-sale terminals so that retailers equipped with the mPOS device can accept mobile payments from Chinese Alipay users. “The goal is to enable our customers to walk into a store while traveling abroad and pay for purchases with the Alipay App — just like they do here in China,” says Douglas Feagin, SVP of Ant Financial Services Group and Head of Alipay International.
- Apple buys facial recognition startup
- TfL and Barclaycard to extend contactless network
- EMV card shipments grow less than 1% in 2016
- Google Home owners get voice commands for grocery shopping
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments