An update to the EMV 3-D Secure specification means both biometrics and one-time passcodes can now be used to add security to card-not-present transactions. “The new specification provides a globally interoperable framework that promotes a consistent consumer experience across all ecommerce channels and connected devices when authenticating a cardholder,” payments standards body EMVCo says. The EMV 3DS 2.0 specification can be downloaded, royalty free, from the EMVCo website.
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture
- Chase to issue contactless cards to “millions” of US credit and debit cardholders
- Network West Midlands integrates its transit card with Google Pay