An update to the EMV 3-D Secure specification means both biometrics and one-time passcodes can now be used to add security to card-not-present transactions. “The new specification provides a globally interoperable framework that promotes a consistent consumer experience across all ecommerce channels and connected devices when authenticating a cardholder,” payments standards body EMVCo says. The EMV 3DS 2.0 specification can be downloaded, royalty free, from the EMVCo website.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models