An update to the EMV 3-D Secure specification means both biometrics and one-time passcodes can now be used to add security to card-not-present transactions. “The new specification provides a globally interoperable framework that promotes a consistent consumer experience across all ecommerce channels and connected devices when authenticating a cardholder,” payments standards body EMVCo says. The EMV 3DS 2.0 specification can be downloaded, royalty free, from the EMVCo website.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain