Alleged leaked images of Apple’s new MacBook Pro show it will come with an OLED touch panel to support Touch ID, MacRumours reports. The touch panel appears to be contextual, changing based on what is on the screen. In the images, an Apple Pay dialogue is depicted, asking a customer to confirm a purchase with their fingerprint on the panel. Apple will unveil a range of new products later today.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit