The global smart packaging market is expected to reach US$26.7bn by 2024, according to a new report from market research firm Grand View Research. NFC is projected to be the fastest-growing segment, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 12% in the next eight years. Rising need for smart packaging products in electronics and automotive industries in Asia Pacific and the Middle East in particular is expected to fuel the growth.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities