The global smart packaging market is expected to reach US$26.7bn by 2024, according to a new report from market research firm Grand View Research. NFC is projected to be the fastest-growing segment, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 12% in the next eight years. Rising need for smart packaging products in electronics and automotive industries in Asia Pacific and the Middle East in particular is expected to fuel the growth.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info