The global smart packaging market is expected to reach US$26.7bn by 2024, according to a new report from market research firm Grand View Research. NFC is projected to be the fastest-growing segment, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 12% in the next eight years. Rising need for smart packaging products in electronics and automotive industries in Asia Pacific and the Middle East in particular is expected to fuel the growth.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants