The global smart packaging market is expected to reach US$26.7bn by 2024, according to a new report from market research firm Grand View Research. NFC is projected to be the fastest-growing segment, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 12% in the next eight years. Rising need for smart packaging products in electronics and automotive industries in Asia Pacific and the Middle East in particular is expected to fuel the growth.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022