Samsung Pay could be launched in Canada “from the first week of November 2016”, Android Central reports. According to a Twitter user who posed the question to Samsung customer service team, their reply stated the mobile payments service would be available next week for customers with CIBC Visa cards. Samsung Pay boss Thomas Ko revealed plans for more aggressive international expansion of the service in an interview with NFC World at Money20/20 earlier this week.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones