LG Electronics is working on an alternative to Samsung’s proprietary Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology for mobile payments, Android Authority reports. The technology is to be incorporated into LG’s next flagship smartphone, tentatively known as the LG G6. The electronics giant is having to invent its own technology from scratch to avoid patent disputes with Samsung, the report adds. LG was originally expected to launch its LG Pay service in September but is reported to have delayed the launch due to testing issues.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points