LG Electronics is working on an alternative to Samsung’s proprietary Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology for mobile payments, Android Authority reports. The technology is to be incorporated into LG’s next flagship smartphone, tentatively known as the LG G6. The electronics giant is having to invent its own technology from scratch to avoid patent disputes with Samsung, the report adds. LG was originally expected to launch its LG Pay service in September but is reported to have delayed the launch due to testing issues.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?