Some 7m contactless payments were made at festivals this year using Hungarian company Festipay’s cashless payment service, an increase of a third on the previous year. More than 3m transactions were made at Sziget, the largest music festival in the country, with bankcard transactions making up 300,000 of that total — double the number in 2015.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay