Some 7m contactless payments were made at festivals this year using Hungarian company Festipay’s cashless payment service, an increase of a third on the previous year. More than 3m transactions were made at Sziget, the largest music festival in the country, with bankcard transactions making up 300,000 of that total — double the number in 2015.
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments
- Airlines commit to RFID baggage tags and single biometric ID for travellers
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars