Canadian payments start-up NanoPay has completed a US$10m Series A funding round. The company recently bought the MintChip platform, which uses NFC technology to enable purchases with a Bitcoin alternative, from Royal Canadian Mint. Alongside the new finance, NanoPay CEO Laurence Cooke says its focus is “now on expanding the platform beyond digital cash to a broad range of B2B use cases that have global applications”.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform