Canadian payments start-up NanoPay has completed a US$10m Series A funding round. The company recently bought the MintChip platform, which uses NFC technology to enable purchases with a Bitcoin alternative, from Royal Canadian Mint. Alongside the new finance, NanoPay CEO Laurence Cooke says its focus is “now on expanding the platform beyond digital cash to a broad range of B2B use cases that have global applications”.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service