Canadian payments start-up NanoPay has completed a US$10m Series A funding round. The company recently bought the MintChip platform, which uses NFC technology to enable purchases with a Bitcoin alternative, from Royal Canadian Mint. Alongside the new finance, NanoPay CEO Laurence Cooke says its focus is “now on expanding the platform beyond digital cash to a broad range of B2B use cases that have global applications”.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones