Canadian payments start-up NanoPay has completed a US$10m Series A funding round. The company recently bought the MintChip platform, which uses NFC technology to enable purchases with a Bitcoin alternative, from Royal Canadian Mint. Alongside the new finance, NanoPay CEO Laurence Cooke says its focus is “now on expanding the platform beyond digital cash to a broad range of B2B use cases that have global applications”.
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India
- Decathlon adds RFID tags to make in-store self-checkout easier for customers
- Ysplit makes money from split bill payments