Canadian payments start-up NanoPay has completed a US$10m Series A funding round. The company recently bought the MintChip platform, which uses NFC technology to enable purchases with a Bitcoin alternative, from Royal Canadian Mint. Alongside the new finance, NanoPay CEO Laurence Cooke says its focus is “now on expanding the platform beyond digital cash to a broad range of B2B use cases that have global applications”.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash