ING wants to enable Spanish consumers “to collect cash with their mobile” in 3,500 retail locations using Twyp, the bank’s P2P mobile payments app launched in December 2015. “We’re a mobile platform that 35m people carry in their pockets,” says the bank’s Julia Vilar. “This means we have 2bn potential contacts with them every year. The traffic is there and customers trust us.” Twyp lets users transfer money to contacts via a chat function and a personal code confirmation.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India