All black cabs across London are now enabled to accept contactless payments, Transport for London (TfL) has announced. “All taxis will have to carry a card payment device, ending uncertainty for customers about how they will be able to pay,” the company says. “The move comes after 86% of respondents to TfL’s consultation said they wanted to be able to use cards and contactless payments in taxis.” TfL confirmed its contactless payment plans for taxis in November last year.
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets
- Android O to offer autofill for payments
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans