All black cabs across London are now enabled to accept contactless payments, Transport for London (TfL) has announced. “All taxis will have to carry a card payment device, ending uncertainty for customers about how they will be able to pay,” the company says. “The move comes after 86% of respondents to TfL’s consultation said they wanted to be able to use cards and contactless payments in taxis.” TfL confirmed its contactless payment plans for taxis in November last year.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’