All black cabs across London are now enabled to accept contactless payments, Transport for London (TfL) has announced. “All taxis will have to carry a card payment device, ending uncertainty for customers about how they will be able to pay,” the company says. “The move comes after 86% of respondents to TfL’s consultation said they wanted to be able to use cards and contactless payments in taxis.” TfL confirmed its contactless payment plans for taxis in November last year.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform