All black cabs across London are now enabled to accept contactless payments, Transport for London (TfL) has announced. “All taxis will have to carry a card payment device, ending uncertainty for customers about how they will be able to pay,” the company says. “The move comes after 86% of respondents to TfL’s consultation said they wanted to be able to use cards and contactless payments in taxis.” TfL confirmed its contactless payment plans for taxis in November last year.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India