One in 20 British millennial holidaymakers used a mobile payment abroad via Apple Pay or Android Pay this year, research released by the DCC Forum reveals, and one in 10 made a contactless card payment when on holiday. “One in five (21%) Brits aged 18 to 34 did not make any payments in cash at all on their holidays over the last 12 months,” the company says.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones