One in 20 British millennial holidaymakers used a mobile payment abroad via Apple Pay or Android Pay this year, research released by the DCC Forum reveals, and one in 10 made a contactless card payment when on holiday. “One in five (21%) Brits aged 18 to 34 did not make any payments in cash at all on their holidays over the last 12 months,” the company says.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet