Customers of Singapore’s OCBC Bank can now send money using Apple’s Siri virtual assistant or via text using Apple’s iMessage platform. “Users tell Siri whom to send the payment to and how much they want to send,” OCBC says. “Within the iMessage conversation screen, users can choose the OCBC Pay Anyone iMessage app to initiate the payment.” The Siri and iMessage services for OCBC Pay Anyone are available to all OCBC Bank customers using iOS10 devices and the latest OCBC mobile banking app.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service