Customers of Singapore’s OCBC Bank can now send money using Apple’s Siri virtual assistant or via text using Apple’s iMessage platform. “Users tell Siri whom to send the payment to and how much they want to send,” OCBC says. “Within the iMessage conversation screen, users can choose the OCBC Pay Anyone iMessage app to initiate the payment.” The Siri and iMessage services for OCBC Pay Anyone are available to all OCBC Bank customers using iOS10 devices and the latest OCBC mobile banking app.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers