More than half of smartphone owners in the US have used their mobile phone to pay for goods and services in-store and online, Mercator Advisory Group says. Eight in 10 who use mobile payment apps including Apple Pay say they are more convenient than using a payment card. More than half say it is faster and more secure, while 37% think it is harder. Seven in 10 would use mobile payments more if they automatically received rewards or discounts.
- Target to launch mobile payment service this year
- Pakistan to add payments to National IDs
- CPI Card Group and Proxama to offer innovative mobile and EMV payments services in North America
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay