More than half of smartphone owners in the US have used their mobile phone to pay for goods and services in-store and online, Mercator Advisory Group says. Eight in 10 who use mobile payment apps including Apple Pay say they are more convenient than using a payment card. More than half say it is faster and more secure, while 37% think it is harder. Seven in 10 would use mobile payments more if they automatically received rewards or discounts.
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments