More than half of smartphone owners in the US have used their mobile phone to pay for goods and services in-store and online, Mercator Advisory Group says. Eight in 10 who use mobile payment apps including Apple Pay say they are more convenient than using a payment card. More than half say it is faster and more secure, while 37% think it is harder. Seven in 10 would use mobile payments more if they automatically received rewards or discounts.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts