More than half of smartphone owners in the US have used their mobile phone to pay for goods and services in-store and online, Mercator Advisory Group says. Eight in 10 who use mobile payment apps including Apple Pay say they are more convenient than using a payment card. More than half say it is faster and more secure, while 37% think it is harder. Seven in 10 would use mobile payments more if they automatically received rewards or discounts.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores