A third of global consumers expect mobile money to dominate payments within a decade, NTT Data predicts, while 31% of executives think mobile money “does not apply” to their business. “Among businesses that don’t accept mobile payments, 41% say it is because customers prefer paying by cash or check,” NTT Data says. 80% of millennial business leaders aged between 18 and 34 believe accepting mobile money boosts sales, compared with 51% of business leaders over 50 years old.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts