A third of global consumers expect mobile money to dominate payments within a decade, NTT Data predicts, while 31% of executives think mobile money “does not apply” to their business. “Among businesses that don’t accept mobile payments, 41% say it is because customers prefer paying by cash or check,” NTT Data says. 80% of millennial business leaders aged between 18 and 34 believe accepting mobile money boosts sales, compared with 51% of business leaders over 50 years old.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes