A third of global consumers expect mobile money to dominate payments within a decade, NTT Data predicts, while 31% of executives think mobile money “does not apply” to their business. “Among businesses that don’t accept mobile payments, 41% say it is because customers prefer paying by cash or check,” NTT Data says. 80% of millennial business leaders aged between 18 and 34 believe accepting mobile money boosts sales, compared with 51% of business leaders over 50 years old.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India