TD Bank in the US has begun supporting Microsoft Wallet. “Pick your TD Bank Visa card, make sure you have a compatible device running Windows 10 software and click on the Microsoft Wallet app,” the bank says. “Then with the app open, tap the + sign in the app and follow the instructions to add your card.” The NFC mobile payment service was unveiled in June 2016, supported by nine US banks and financial institutions. PNC added its backing in August and Chase is expected to support the service next year.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers