TD Bank in the US has begun supporting Microsoft Wallet. “Pick your TD Bank Visa card, make sure you have a compatible device running Windows 10 software and click on the Microsoft Wallet app,” the bank says. “Then with the app open, tap the + sign in the app and follow the instructions to add your card.” The NFC mobile payment service was unveiled in June 2016, supported by nine US banks and financial institutions. PNC added its backing in August and Chase is expected to support the service next year.
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan
- Royal Bank of Canada adds support for Samsung Pay
- Emirates NBD rolls out blockchain security platform that adds QR codes to physical cheques
- Google Pay expands support for transit ticketing cards to Portland