More than eight in 10 US consumers (82%) trust banks most to keep their payments safe, research from the American Bankers Association (ABA) reveals. “Only 3-4% of consumers trust major retailers or telecom companies to protect their payments,” ABA says. Some 11% trust alternative payment providers such as Apple, PayPal and Venmo, while 21% of consumers have used a mobile app on their phone to make a payment — 65% have used PayPal, 34% have used Apple Pay and 32% have used Android Pay.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones