More than eight in 10 US consumers (82%) trust banks most to keep their payments safe, research from the American Bankers Association (ABA) reveals. “Only 3-4% of consumers trust major retailers or telecom companies to protect their payments,” ABA says. Some 11% trust alternative payment providers such as Apple, PayPal and Venmo, while 21% of consumers have used a mobile app on their phone to make a payment — 65% have used PayPal, 34% have used Apple Pay and 32% have used Android Pay.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info