More than eight in 10 US consumers (82%) trust banks most to keep their payments safe, research from the American Bankers Association (ABA) reveals. “Only 3-4% of consumers trust major retailers or telecom companies to protect their payments,” ABA says. Some 11% trust alternative payment providers such as Apple, PayPal and Venmo, while 21% of consumers have used a mobile app on their phone to make a payment — 65% have used PayPal, 34% have used Apple Pay and 32% have used Android Pay.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India