An update to Google Maps on iOS allows users to order food from their favourite restaurants directly from the app. “For instance, if you search for a restaurant that works with one of the major online delivery services like GrubHub or EatStreet, you’ll see a new ‘Place an order’ option in the details of the location,” 9to5mac reports. “Tapping on that option will direct you to the website of the delivery service and allow you to quickly place an order.” The availability of this feature varies per country.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models