An update to Google Maps on iOS allows users to order food from their favourite restaurants directly from the app. “For instance, if you search for a restaurant that works with one of the major online delivery services like GrubHub or EatStreet, you’ll see a new ‘Place an order’ option in the details of the location,” 9to5mac reports. “Tapping on that option will direct you to the website of the delivery service and allow you to quickly place an order.” The availability of this feature varies per country.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay