An update to Google Maps on iOS allows users to order food from their favourite restaurants directly from the app. “For instance, if you search for a restaurant that works with one of the major online delivery services like GrubHub or EatStreet, you’ll see a new ‘Place an order’ option in the details of the location,” 9to5mac reports. “Tapping on that option will direct you to the website of the delivery service and allow you to quickly place an order.” The availability of this feature varies per country.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts