Mastercard has launched a pilot program with the American Red Cross to use Mastercard Send to distribute funds to families in Indonesia via their mobile phones to buy water and other items during the drought season. A mobile wallet provided by mobile network operator Indosat Ooredoo allows people to receive funds. “Our goal is to provide an innovative service that enables humanitarian and development organisations to distribute funds efficiently and digitally,” says Mastercard’s Shari Krikorian.
- Target to launch mobile payment service this year
- Pakistan to add payments to National IDs
- CPI Card Group and Proxama to offer innovative mobile and EMV payments services in North America
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay