Mastercard has launched a pilot program with the American Red Cross to use Mastercard Send to distribute funds to families in Indonesia via their mobile phones to buy water and other items during the drought season. A mobile wallet provided by mobile network operator Indosat Ooredoo allows people to receive funds. “Our goal is to provide an innovative service that enables humanitarian and development organisations to distribute funds efficiently and digitally,” says Mastercard’s Shari Krikorian.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments