Mastercard has launched a pilot program with the American Red Cross to use Mastercard Send to distribute funds to families in Indonesia via their mobile phones to buy water and other items during the drought season. A mobile wallet provided by mobile network operator Indosat Ooredoo allows people to receive funds. “Our goal is to provide an innovative service that enables humanitarian and development organisations to distribute funds efficiently and digitally,” says Mastercard’s Shari Krikorian.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents