Mastercard has launched a pilot program with the American Red Cross to use Mastercard Send to distribute funds to families in Indonesia via their mobile phones to buy water and other items during the drought season. A mobile wallet provided by mobile network operator Indosat Ooredoo allows people to receive funds. “Our goal is to provide an innovative service that enables humanitarian and development organisations to distribute funds efficiently and digitally,” says Mastercard’s Shari Krikorian.
- NXP powers NFC payments in Sony Wena smart watch strap
- Walmart cancelled in-aisle self-checkout project due to high levels of shopper theft
- Kroger launches payments, offers and rewards app for iOS and Android
- Tesco lets customers use Siri to check their bank balance
- CaixaBank rolls out facial recognition ATMs