Pan-African banking group Ecobank has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Visa to roll out the mVisa QR code-based mobile payment service in 33 African markets by the end of 2016. “This MoU will help Ecobank reach 100m customers,” the company says. mVisa was unveiled in August 2015 through a pilot with Indian banks. Ecobank also signed an MoU with Mastercard last month to launch Masterpass QR mobile payments across Africa.
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China