Pan-African banking group Ecobank has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Visa to roll out the mVisa QR code-based mobile payment service in 33 African markets by the end of 2016. “This MoU will help Ecobank reach 100m customers,” the company says. mVisa was unveiled in August 2015 through a pilot with Indian banks. Ecobank also signed an MoU with Mastercard last month to launch Masterpass QR mobile payments across Africa.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump