Passengers on National Express bus services across the West Midlands in the UK can now buy monthly travel passes and have them validated directly on their smartphones. The service is making use of Masabi’s JustRide cloud-based mobile ticketing and fare collection system. “As part of the National Express deployment, Masabi will be using Mastercard Payment Gateway Services to enable simple, safe and secure in-app digital payments,” Masabi says. Future updates will enable riders to make payments through Mastercard’s Masterpass digital wallet.
- EU offers issuers extra time to implement strong customer authentication
- Public Transport Victoria reports strong takeup for Mobile myki transit cards
- US Payments Forum sets out best practices for growing contactless payments adoption
- National Bank of Kuwait claims world first with contactless metal Visa credit card
- Phoenix Suns to provide basketball fans with mobile payments and NFC ticketing at Talking Stick Resort Arena