Nokia and Finnish telecommunications company Sonera have successfully completed a trial using NB-IoT (Narrowband Internet of Things) technology over a commercial 4G mobile network. Information on temperature, humidity and air pressure was shared over Sonera’s 4G network in Helsinki, while a roaming device was also connected. In what is described as a “world first demonstration”, the trial showed how NB-IoT technology — which can enable billions of IoT devices to be connected — could allow companies to track mobile assets.
- NXP unveils high security NFC tags that let brands deliver digitally connected products at scale
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch