Nokia and Finnish telecommunications company Sonera have successfully completed a trial using NB-IoT (Narrowband Internet of Things) technology over a commercial 4G mobile network. Information on temperature, humidity and air pressure was shared over Sonera’s 4G network in Helsinki, while a roaming device was also connected. In what is described as a “world first demonstration”, the trial showed how NB-IoT technology — which can enable billions of IoT devices to be connected — could allow companies to track mobile assets.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries