Nokia and Finnish telecommunications company Sonera have successfully completed a trial using NB-IoT (Narrowband Internet of Things) technology over a commercial 4G mobile network. Information on temperature, humidity and air pressure was shared over Sonera’s 4G network in Helsinki, while a roaming device was also connected. In what is described as a “world first demonstration”, the trial showed how NB-IoT technology — which can enable billions of IoT devices to be connected — could allow companies to track mobile assets.
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?