More than one third of UK consumers (37%) describe mobile payments as “life changing” while 57% say the same thing for contactless transactions, research by UK bank Barclays reveals. “Shoppers are more likely to visit a store kitted out with virtual reality (57%), smart fitting rooms (57%) or augmented reality (52%),” the research also reveals.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes