Japanese IT giant NEC is holding trials with banks and credit card companies to deploy facial recognition systems for payments, IT Wire reports. Such systems could be in public use by late 2017. Dr Hitoshi Imaoka from NEC told visitors to the iExpo exhibition in Tokyo there were still problems of accuracy to be overcome, including how to use the technology as people age.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole