Trade association SIMalliance is transferring ownership of its Open Mobile API (OMAPI) specification to standards body GlobalPlatform. “The OMAPI Specification defines how mobile applications may access different secure elements (SEs), including the UICC and embedded secure elements (eSEs) in a mobile device,” SIMalliance says. “This most recent move by SIMalliance will ensure that the technical specification continues to evolve in line with the wider secure chip ecosystem.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works