Alipay parent company Ant Financial is investing an undisclosed sum into Thai online payment provider Ascend Money. “Together with Ant Financial, Ascend Money will grow its online and offline payment and financial services ecosystem and strengthen its trusted and convenient payment services for users and merchants,” Ant Financial says. Reports that Ant Financial was seeking to buy a 20% in Ascend Money emerged in June 2016. The company made a similar investment in Indian mobile payment platform Paytm in September 2015.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands