Alipay parent company Ant Financial is investing an undisclosed sum into Thai online payment provider Ascend Money. “Together with Ant Financial, Ascend Money will grow its online and offline payment and financial services ecosystem and strengthen its trusted and convenient payment services for users and merchants,” Ant Financial says. Reports that Ant Financial was seeking to buy a 20% in Ascend Money emerged in June 2016. The company made a similar investment in Indian mobile payment platform Paytm in September 2015.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies