Alipay parent company Ant Financial is investing an undisclosed sum into Thai online payment provider Ascend Money. “Together with Ant Financial, Ascend Money will grow its online and offline payment and financial services ecosystem and strengthen its trusted and convenient payment services for users and merchants,” Ant Financial says. Reports that Ant Financial was seeking to buy a 20% in Ascend Money emerged in June 2016. The company made a similar investment in Indian mobile payment platform Paytm in September 2015.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India