A screenshot taken by a Reddit user of the Samsung Pay app suggests Canadian bank CIBC will be the launch partner for the mobile payment service when it becomes available in the country some time this year. “Sticktoit360 wasn’t able to verify whether the tap and pay functionality of Samsung Pay actually works in Canada because they’re a BMO customer,” Mobile Syrup reports. Reports that the service was expected to go live in Canada in early November emerged last month.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts