A screenshot taken by a Reddit user of the Samsung Pay app suggests Canadian bank CIBC will be the launch partner for the mobile payment service when it becomes available in the country some time this year. “Sticktoit360 wasn’t able to verify whether the tap and pay functionality of Samsung Pay actually works in Canada because they’re a BMO customer,” Mobile Syrup reports. Reports that the service was expected to go live in Canada in early November emerged last month.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet