Customers of Slovakian bank Tatra Banka can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using their Android handsets. The MobilePay service, which makes use of tokenization, has been launched in partnership with Visa and is available to all customers with a Visa debit, credit, corporate or private card. Tatra Banka launched an NFC mobile payments service with Orange Slovakia and O2 in August 2013.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models