Customers of Slovakian bank Tatra Banka can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using their Android handsets. The MobilePay service, which makes use of tokenization, has been launched in partnership with Visa and is available to all customers with a Visa debit, credit, corporate or private card. Tatra Banka launched an NFC mobile payments service with Orange Slovakia and O2 in August 2013.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes