French bank card association Cartes Bancaires has issued certification for a dynamic security code payment card developed by Oberthur Technologies. The OT Motion Code cards replace the three-figure security code on the back of plastic cards with a mini-screen displaying a code which automatically changes periodically to make online payments more secure. The cards were trialled by BNP Paribas in October 2015, following an initial trial conducted by French bank BPCE.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays