French bank card association Cartes Bancaires has issued certification for a dynamic security code payment card developed by Oberthur Technologies. The OT Motion Code cards replace the three-figure security code on the back of plastic cards with a mini-screen displaying a code which automatically changes periodically to make online payments more secure. The cards were trialled by BNP Paribas in October 2015, following an initial trial conducted by French bank BPCE.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service