BBVA bank is offering new customers in Spain the chance to open an account with them using their mobile phone, with identity verified using face recognition and video calls. The remote registration service sees the bank check ‘selfie’ images against a photo ID before a bank representative verifies the new customer’s identity through a video conference call. BBVA has also signed a memorandum of understanding to use Salesforce’s cloud computing services to become “a more flexible and scalable digital bank”.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa