BBVA bank is offering new customers in Spain the chance to open an account with them using their mobile phone, with identity verified using face recognition and video calls. The remote registration service sees the bank check ‘selfie’ images against a photo ID before a bank representative verifies the new customer’s identity through a video conference call. BBVA has also signed a memorandum of understanding to use Salesforce’s cloud computing services to become “a more flexible and scalable digital bank”.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash