Nordic bank SEB has signed an agreement with distributed financial technology provider Ripple to use the company’s blockchain technology solution as a basis for payment transactions. “The first step will be to enable customers to make real-time transfers between SEB accounts in Stockholm and New York,” the bank says. “The first customer transactions are planned for next year, and will offer customers real-time transfers with later cut-off times than today.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform