Nordic bank SEB has signed an agreement with distributed financial technology provider Ripple to use the company’s blockchain technology solution as a basis for payment transactions. “The first step will be to enable customers to make real-time transfers between SEB accounts in Stockholm and New York,” the bank says. “The first customer transactions are planned for next year, and will offer customers real-time transfers with later cut-off times than today.”
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?