Samsung is considering adding a dedicated button for an improved artificial intelligence feature for its next flagship smartphone, the Wall Street Journal reports. The latest internal prototypes of the premium Galaxy S8 handset include a button on the side edge that would be used to launch a beefed-up virtual assistant similar to Apple’s Siri. Samsung introduced a virtual-assistant service, S Voice, in 2012 in its Galaxy S3 smartphone but hasn’t announced any major updates to the service since.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution