Samsung is considering adding a dedicated button for an improved artificial intelligence feature for its next flagship smartphone, the Wall Street Journal reports. The latest internal prototypes of the premium Galaxy S8 handset include a button on the side edge that would be used to launch a beefed-up virtual assistant similar to Apple’s Siri. Samsung introduced a virtual-assistant service, S Voice, in 2012 in its Galaxy S3 smartphone but hasn’t announced any major updates to the service since.
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry