Samsung is considering adding a dedicated button for an improved artificial intelligence feature for its next flagship smartphone, the Wall Street Journal reports. The latest internal prototypes of the premium Galaxy S8 handset include a button on the side edge that would be used to launch a beefed-up virtual assistant similar to Apple’s Siri. Samsung introduced a virtual-assistant service, S Voice, in 2012 in its Galaxy S3 smartphone but hasn’t announced any major updates to the service since.
- Apple reports growth in US Apple Pay acceptance
- US credit unions report increase in mobile payment transaction volumes
- Church of England doubles donations with contactless collection plates
- Alipay gets second European e-money license
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe