Apple is promoting the use of Apple Pay for web payments with a string of holiday offers from US retailers including Adidas, Casper, Grubhub and Instacart. Deals include free shipping and discounts that are applied at checkout when using Apple Pay to complete the transaction. Apple Pay introduced payments on the web in September 2016.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet