Apple is promoting the use of Apple Pay for web payments with a string of holiday offers from US retailers including Adidas, Casper, Grubhub and Instacart. Deals include free shipping and discounts that are applied at checkout when using Apple Pay to complete the transaction. Apple Pay introduced payments on the web in September 2016.
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps