Thirty-one Australian banks and credit unions will support Apple Pay after a deal between Apple and banking services provider Cuscal. The announcement comes as Apple remains in an ongoing fight with four of the country’s biggest banks about restricting the NFC technology within its handsets, claiming the banks are “not interested” in promoting mobile payment competition.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments