Thirty-one Australian banks and credit unions will support Apple Pay after a deal between Apple and banking services provider Cuscal. The announcement comes as Apple remains in an ongoing fight with four of the country’s biggest banks about restricting the NFC technology within its handsets, claiming the banks are “not interested” in promoting mobile payment competition.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies