Thirty-one Australian banks and credit unions will support Apple Pay after a deal between Apple and banking services provider Cuscal. The announcement comes as Apple remains in an ongoing fight with four of the country’s biggest banks about restricting the NFC technology within its handsets, claiming the banks are “not interested” in promoting mobile payment competition.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet