Thirty-one Australian banks and credit unions will support Apple Pay after a deal between Apple and banking services provider Cuscal. The announcement comes as Apple remains in an ongoing fight with four of the country’s biggest banks about restricting the NFC technology within its handsets, claiming the banks are “not interested” in promoting mobile payment competition.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes