Apple Pay now has a 0.25% share of payments on the top 10,000 websites, analytics firm SimilarTech reveals, ranking in fifth place behind PayPal with a 2.36% lead, followed by the PayPal Subscribe Button (0.98%), Stripe (0.35%) and Braintree (0.32%). Amazon Payments comes in eighth place with 0.07%. Among the top 100,000 websites, Apple Pay remains in fifth place with a 0.11% share of the number of overall payments. It launched on the web in September 2016.
- Dogs aim to take Blue Cross canal walk donations
- Accumulated payments with Samsung Pay surpass W10tn
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era