Apple Pay now has a 0.25% share of payments on the top 10,000 websites, analytics firm SimilarTech reveals, ranking in fifth place behind PayPal with a 2.36% lead, followed by the PayPal Subscribe Button (0.98%), Stripe (0.35%) and Braintree (0.32%). Amazon Payments comes in eighth place with 0.07%. Among the top 100,000 websites, Apple Pay remains in fifth place with a 0.11% share of the number of overall payments. It launched on the web in September 2016.
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case
- Samsung Pay Rewards expands to Spain