Apple Pay now has a 0.25% share of payments on the top 10,000 websites, analytics firm SimilarTech reveals, ranking in fifth place behind PayPal with a 2.36% lead, followed by the PayPal Subscribe Button (0.98%), Stripe (0.35%) and Braintree (0.32%). Amazon Payments comes in eighth place with 0.07%. Among the top 100,000 websites, Apple Pay remains in fifth place with a 0.11% share of the number of overall payments. It launched on the web in September 2016.
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency
- The Conran Shop and Pinterest deploy NFC tags that let shoppers add products to wishlists