Apple Pay now has a 0.25% share of payments on the top 10,000 websites, analytics firm SimilarTech reveals, ranking in fifth place behind PayPal with a 2.36% lead, followed by the PayPal Subscribe Button (0.98%), Stripe (0.35%) and Braintree (0.32%). Amazon Payments comes in eighth place with 0.07%. Among the top 100,000 websites, Apple Pay remains in fifth place with a 0.11% share of the number of overall payments. It launched on the web in September 2016.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform