Australian travel booking website Webjet has teamed up with Microsoft to develop a blockchain proof-of-concept solution for online booking services. ‘Smart contracts’ are being built to remove the risk of data inaccuracies, streamline payment processes and improve data security. “Blockchain… could potentially assist every one of our partners in the [travel] supply chain to improve their efficiency,” says John Guscic from Webjet.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations