French department store Galeries Lafayette is using augmented reality to offer Christmas shoppers a virtual Arctic experience telling the story of climate change. The store’s ‘Amazing Arctic Christmas’ tells the story of a family of polar bears who must venture away from the North Pole due to melting ice caps, taking refuge under the store’s dome. Parisian start-up Sky Boy has partnered with them to create a mobile app, in which the bears come to life in the store.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users