French department store Galeries Lafayette is using augmented reality to offer Christmas shoppers a virtual Arctic experience telling the story of climate change. The store’s ‘Amazing Arctic Christmas’ tells the story of a family of polar bears who must venture away from the North Pole due to melting ice caps, taking refuge under the store’s dome. Parisian start-up Sky Boy has partnered with them to create a mobile app, in which the bears come to life in the store.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa