French department store Galeries Lafayette is using augmented reality to offer Christmas shoppers a virtual Arctic experience telling the story of climate change. The store’s ‘Amazing Arctic Christmas’ tells the story of a family of polar bears who must venture away from the North Pole due to melting ice caps, taking refuge under the store’s dome. Parisian start-up Sky Boy has partnered with them to create a mobile app, in which the bears come to life in the store.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions