The global NFC market is expected to reach US$47.43bn by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research. The industry is poised for “unprecedented growth”, it says, with Asia Pacific expected to remain the key revenue generating region, accounting for over 20% share in 2015. NFC tags and readers are expected to portray highest growth over the forecast period, the report adds, due to the high demand for mobile payments and access control.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments