Fintech firm Fiserv has collaborated with Gesa Credit Union in the US to introduce palm-vein biometric authentication into Fiserv’s DNA account processing platform — the first palm-vein authentication solution implemented by a US financial institution. The companies found the Verifast solution reduced the time it takes to authenticate a member in the branch by 93% and was given top marks by 99.9% of Gesa members on both the registration process and ease of use.
- EU antitrust chief ‘could review’ Apple Pay
- Apple Pay goes live in Germany
- EU citizens report bugs in UK government NFC passport reading app
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain