More than one billion online and offline transactions were made through Alipay at this year’s Singles’ Day Shopping Gala, an increase of 48% from 2015, with the peak number of transactions standing at 120,000 in a single second. Gross merchandise volume (GMV) through the mobile payments platform was US$14.6bn, about 82% of total GMV, compared to 69% last year “Peak transactions enabled with banks around the world were 54,000 transactions per second, two times last year’s peak,” Alipay parent company Ant Financial says.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India