American Express cardholders will soon be able to redeem Membership Rewards points at Rite Aid, the first US pharmacy chain to formalise such a deal with the financial services company. Customers will be prompted to use points for their purchases after they swipe, tap or insert a Membership Rewards-enrolled American Express card in-store.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models