The US Payments Forum is creating the Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee, to explore mobile and contactless payment opportunities and challenges, identify solutions, and share guidance and best practice. The Forum says it also plans to address issues including tokenization, card-not-present security solutions and encryption. “Our goal is to provide concrete, usable guidance to make new and emerging payment technologies a reality in the US,” says Forum director Randy Vanderhoof. The committee will hold its first working session on December 8.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models