The US Payments Forum is creating the Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee, to explore mobile and contactless payment opportunities and challenges, identify solutions, and share guidance and best practice. The Forum says it also plans to address issues including tokenization, card-not-present security solutions and encryption. “Our goal is to provide concrete, usable guidance to make new and emerging payment technologies a reality in the US,” says Forum director Randy Vanderhoof. The committee will hold its first working session on December 8.
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico