The US Payments Forum is creating the Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee, to explore mobile and contactless payment opportunities and challenges, identify solutions, and share guidance and best practice. The Forum says it also plans to address issues including tokenization, card-not-present security solutions and encryption. “Our goal is to provide concrete, usable guidance to make new and emerging payment technologies a reality in the US,” says Forum director Randy Vanderhoof. The committee will hold its first working session on December 8.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts