The US Payments Forum is creating the Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee, to explore mobile and contactless payment opportunities and challenges, identify solutions, and share guidance and best practice. The Forum says it also plans to address issues including tokenization, card-not-present security solutions and encryption. “Our goal is to provide concrete, usable guidance to make new and emerging payment technologies a reality in the US,” says Forum director Randy Vanderhoof. The committee will hold its first working session on December 8.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points