The US Payments Forum is creating the Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee, to explore mobile and contactless payment opportunities and challenges, identify solutions, and share guidance and best practice. The Forum says it also plans to address issues including tokenization, card-not-present security solutions and encryption. “Our goal is to provide concrete, usable guidance to make new and emerging payment technologies a reality in the US,” says Forum director Randy Vanderhoof. The committee will hold its first working session on December 8.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement