The US Payments Forum is creating the Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee, to explore mobile and contactless payment opportunities and challenges, identify solutions, and share guidance and best practice. The Forum says it also plans to address issues including tokenization, card-not-present security solutions and encryption. “Our goal is to provide concrete, usable guidance to make new and emerging payment technologies a reality in the US,” says Forum director Randy Vanderhoof. The committee will hold its first working session on December 8.
- NXP powers NFC payments in Sony Wena smart watch strap
- Walmart cancelled in-aisle self-checkout project due to high levels of shopper theft
- Kroger launches payments, offers and rewards app for iOS and Android
- Tesco lets customers use Siri to check their bank balance
- CaixaBank rolls out facial recognition ATMs