The US Payments Forum is creating the Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee, to explore mobile and contactless payment opportunities and challenges, identify solutions, and share guidance and best practice. The Forum says it also plans to address issues including tokenization, card-not-present security solutions and encryption. “Our goal is to provide concrete, usable guidance to make new and emerging payment technologies a reality in the US,” says Forum director Randy Vanderhoof. The committee will hold its first working session on December 8.
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture
- Chase to issue contactless cards to “millions” of US credit and debit cardholders
- Network West Midlands integrates its transit card with Google Pay