The US Payments Forum is creating the Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee, to explore mobile and contactless payment opportunities and challenges, identify solutions, and share guidance and best practice. The Forum says it also plans to address issues including tokenization, card-not-present security solutions and encryption. “Our goal is to provide concrete, usable guidance to make new and emerging payment technologies a reality in the US,” says Forum director Randy Vanderhoof. The committee will hold its first working session on December 8.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency