Apple has updated its list of Apple Pay-supporting financial institutions in Australia, China, Russia and the US. “The additions include nine new banks and credit unions in China, four in Russia and over 30 in Australia,” 9to5mac reports. “Apple has added 28 new banks and credit unions in the US, too.” Apple gained the support of the Australian banks through a deal with banking services provider Cuscal earlier this month.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants