Singapore’s OCBC Bank says it has become the first bank in South East Asia to use blockchain technology in national and international payments. A pilot payment transaction took place on 8 November, involving a cross-border funds transfer between OCBC Bank and OCBC Malaysia, and a local funds transfer between OCBC Bank and Bank of Singapore. “This is a milestone not only for us but for Singapore as Asia’s financial hub as we pave the way to revolutionising the traditional cross-border payments model,” says Praveen Raina from OCBC Bank.
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption
- EMVCo to support eight-digit Issuer Identification Numbers from 2021
- MTA reports ‘much higher’ than expected Omny contactless transit payments adoption in New York