Singapore’s OCBC Bank says it has become the first bank in South East Asia to use blockchain technology in national and international payments. A pilot payment transaction took place on 8 November, involving a cross-border funds transfer between OCBC Bank and OCBC Malaysia, and a local funds transfer between OCBC Bank and Bank of Singapore. “This is a milestone not only for us but for Singapore as Asia’s financial hub as we pave the way to revolutionising the traditional cross-border payments model,” says Praveen Raina from OCBC Bank.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills