Singapore’s OCBC Bank says it has become the first bank in South East Asia to use blockchain technology in national and international payments. A pilot payment transaction took place on 8 November, involving a cross-border funds transfer between OCBC Bank and OCBC Malaysia, and a local funds transfer between OCBC Bank and Bank of Singapore. “This is a milestone not only for us but for Singapore as Asia’s financial hub as we pave the way to revolutionising the traditional cross-border payments model,” says Praveen Raina from OCBC Bank.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service