Indian mobile wallet provider MobiKwik says it is ready to serve 300m users, up from its current 35m customer base, in the wake of the government’s withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes from circulation. A spokesman says it has registered 18 times growth in transactions since the announcement of demonetisation earlier this month and is gearing up to accept 100m daily transactions. Mobile financial solutions provider Mahindra Comviva told NFC World demonetisation would make mobile payments the “de-facto payment mode” in India.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement