Indian mobile wallet provider MobiKwik says it is ready to serve 300m users, up from its current 35m customer base, in the wake of the government’s withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes from circulation. A spokesman says it has registered 18 times growth in transactions since the announcement of demonetisation earlier this month and is gearing up to accept 100m daily transactions. Mobile financial solutions provider Mahindra Comviva told NFC World demonetisation would make mobile payments the “de-facto payment mode” in India.
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India
- Decathlon adds RFID tags to make in-store self-checkout easier for customers