French bank Societe Generale is to offer retail customers in France the chance to replace their current Visa cards with ones featuring a dynamic security code developed by Oberthur Technologies. The OT Motion Card replaces the three-digit security number on the back of the card with a mini-screen displaying a code refreshed automatically and randomly every hour. The move comes after French bank card association Cartes Bancaires issued certification for OT Motion Code earlier this month.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers