French bank Societe Generale is to offer retail customers in France the chance to replace their current Visa cards with ones featuring a dynamic security code developed by Oberthur Technologies. The OT Motion Card replaces the three-digit security number on the back of the card with a mini-screen displaying a code refreshed automatically and randomly every hour. The move comes after French bank card association Cartes Bancaires issued certification for OT Motion Code earlier this month.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa