Customers of Lebanon-based Byblos Bank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using ByblosPay, a new service developed by the bank with Visa, CSC Bank and mobile app developer Foo. “With the launch of ByblosPay, Byblos Bank becomes the first bank in Lebanon and the region extending from Jordan and Iraq to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and from Egypt to Morocco to adopt HCE technology,” the bank says.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet